Sunday, July 22, 2012

Getting passed the past

Sometimes I find myself still bragging on my ex. I'm not sure how I end up in these conversations but for some reason I just don't want to let go the fact I dated a hot ticket item. All the girls wanted him, he got the two highest senior superlatives at his school and was a hotshot football player. Yes, this was my man. WAS is not the easiest part to say. I still find it silly how when I meet new people from his school and they recognize me and ask if I knew him. My usual response is to immediately tell them we dated but I'm going to try something new, this is what I'll say "oh, um I used to. We're now just strangers with memories". That seems to make me sound like I've moved on...even when it hurts to say. But honestly, we are just strangers with memories. I've learned that if Heavenly Father wanted us to be together and learn from each other then we would be. Somehow I still feel connected. Maybe he is? I'll never know because he doesn't even really talk to me anymore. I haven't decided what to do or if I should even responde if he does try. At this point I'm so through caring for some guy who doesn't care about me anymore. I'm honestly debating on whether I should go to his mission fairwell party...if I'm even invited. I think it would be super awkward and I'm not sure if I want to even say goodbye to him. These are really big decisions and I'm just putting this in the Lord's hands now. Now I just need to get passed everything that's holding me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment