Thursday, July 19, 2012

Knowing the Feeling

Recently, I've been able to open up a little more. Give a guy a try. So I've had my eye on one in particular. He's a sweetheart, gentleman, and very respectful. But I had always felt old feelings were holding me back, so today I put in such an effort to break down those walls I've built up. He and I spent the entire day at the lake and I was able to see how we really interact together without any distractions. It went so much better than I could have hoped! It's such a relief to feel that connection with someone again. He definitely has potential and if I keep trying to fix myself like I am, I think I may give him a full chance. I'm so thankful for being able to have this chance to meet a good guy and be happy like I used to. It's not a secret that I have an abundance of guy friends but I never really look at them as anything more. I'm always on the search for someone who will respect my self worth and acknowledge that I am a daughter of God, and should be treated accordingly. Now, I'm actually ready to get back in the game and let myself learn to love again. I know the feeling of letting go. I know the feeling when I'm ready to not care about my past anymore. And that feeling is happening now!

No comments:

Post a Comment